Scranton Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of another, then you should contact the Germain Law Firm as soon as possible. You may be able to recover money for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We offer free consultations throughout Scranton and Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA). Attorney Greg Germain can evaluate your case and begin working towards the settlement or award you deserve. And, there are no legal fees for your personal injury case until you are compensated.
You may be entitled to compensation for many different types of Personal Injuries, including but not limited to the following:
Bruises and cuts are the most common injury and range in severity. Bruises are usually minor but complications can occur if the victim has a blood disorder or if the trauma is to an organ. Cuts range in seriousness depending on the length and depth of the laceration. Severe cuts may require stitches and may even result in scarring.
• Burns can result from high heat or chemicals. Minor burns can usually be treated at home while more serious burns may require skin grafts and surgery. Suffering a serious burn can also increase the risk of infection.
• Fractures and broken bones generally take between to 6 to 8 weeks to heal and severe cases may take even longer. Bone injuries are challenging because they can prevent an individual from working while the bone sets.
• Back and neck injuries should be addressed immediately because injuries in these areas can result in disability. The back and neck are made up of discs that are called vertebra and these discs protect the spinal cord. After a car, motorcycle, or truck accident, the whiplash from the crash can result in disc fractures or herniated discs resulting in long-term pain that requires long-term treatment.
• Concussions and traumatic brain injury occur when a sudden impact causes trauma to the brain. The most common signs of brain trauma are headache, confusion, nausea, and loss of consciousness. This type of injury can occur due to the impact of a car crash or a slip and fall.
• Scarring can occur due to cuts suffered in a car accident or incisions performed during surgery. In negligence cases, compensation for scarring is included as part of the pain and suffering award. In workers’ compensation cases, recovery for a scar depends its location and size.
• Amputations and loss of limbs are devastating injuries that not only affect a person’s quality of life but also result in disability. Whether the loss of a limb is the result of a car crash, construction accident, or medical malpractice, it is important to obtain compensation for past losses as well as future losses such as physical therapy and lost earning capacity.
• Wrongful death lawsuits can be filed on behalf of the parents, children, and spouse of the deceased. Following the death of a loved one, it may be difficult to think about protecting your legal rights but it is important to talk to an attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will handle your legal issues, giving you time to focus on grieving.
Why should you contact a Personal Injury Attorney?
The Germain Law Firm offers over 30 years of legal experience and hands-on client service. Over the years, Attorney Germain has been trusted by many victims in Scranton and Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA). The most important reason you should contact us as soon as possible is that we can protect your rights. Victims who are not represented by a lawyer often make mistakes that jeopardize their claim, like admitting responsibility or signing releases.
We work quickly to discover and preserve evidence of the other party’s negligence. We also protect our clients from large insurance companies, who pressure victims suffering financial difficulties due to their injuries. Another reason it is important to obtain legal representation as soon as possible is the statute of limitations. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations is two years for a negligence claim. This means that you must file a lawsuit within two years of an accident or you will lose the opportunity to recover for your losses.
If you or a loved one has been hurt due to the negligence of another, please call us at 570-341-1910 or contact us online. We offer free consultations and can meet you at your home or hospital. We consider it a privilege to serve injured victims in Scranton and Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA). We consider it such a privilege to serve as a Scranton law firm that we are proud to say that we charge no legal fees for personal injury cases until you receive a settlement or award.
Complete the form below for a free consultation and a follow up call or email from Attorney Germain.